I’m passionate about words and using them to create content that people love to consume. From writing to editing to creating websites, my goal is to help spread exciting ideas and meaningful information like wildfire in a crowded digital forest. How we get our information might be changing, but words — and how we deploy them — are more important than ever.
I come from the great state of New Jersey, but pride myself in being a wonderer and wanderer of the world. These days, I call San Francisco home.
- MSN Business on Main: I’m the Editorial Strategist and Project Manager for MSN’s sponsored small-business channel. My work involves making sure we’re covering the most pertinent issues for entrepreneurs, finding the best writers in the field (and helping them sound their best), forging partnerships, building an online community, and collaborating across disciplines to improve the site for our client and readers.
- Freelance Writing & Editing: I’ve edited a number of papers appearing in major academic journals, as well as the work of leading business journalists. But as a self-proclaimed word nerd, editing my own writing is always a unique challenge. My work has appeared in a variety of publications, including MSN, Entrepreneur, The Root, and The Huffington Post.
- MSN City Guides: City Guides was MSN’s early foray into the local events space. As a content manager, I brainstormed story ideas, wrote headlines and articles (including one that set a traffic record for City Guides), and edited and produced content in a publishing platform. I also acted as a liaison between MSN and Slate.com, an MSN content partner.
- Oxford University Press: I was an assistant editor in the Higher Education Group in New York, working on textbooks in the fields of journalism, communications, political science, and gender studies. This was largely a project management role, which entailed getting manuscripts reviewed, edited, and published according to a strict timeline.
- New York University: BA in English and Journalism & Mass Communication (Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Kappa Tau Alpha)
- University of Washington: MA in South Asian Studies from the Henry M. Jackson School of International Studies